Beautiful unissued Certificate from the Stanley Consolidated Mining and Milling Company. This historic document has an
ornate border around it with a vignette of lady liberty with and eagle and flag. This item is
over 75 years old.
The Stanley Mining Company, an Idaho corporation, was formed on April 16, 1926, for the purpose of taking over all of the
property of the Stanley Consolidated Mining and Milling Company, a corporation organized in the State of Washington on
April 6, 1900. Eugene Day was the largest stockholder in the original company and did much of the development work at his
own expense. The stockholders of the Stanley Consolidated Company had voted for the reorganization on September 18,
1925. The directors of the new company were John H. Wourms, P.J. Maggy, W.A. Devan, Walter B. Heitfeld, and Joseph A.
Brown. The Day family owned just over 49% of the stock.
When the directors held their first meeting on February 26, 1927, they voted to levy an assessment of 4 mills per share to pay
off the outstanding indebtedness of the Stanley Consolidated company amounting to $2,141.55.
The property remained idle after 1926 except for assessment work on the Babe & Bobbie claims which were patented in
1932. Other claims included the Badger, Euna, Ibex, Leopard, Leopard Fraction, Panorama, Panorama Nos. 2, 3, 4, & 5,
Panther, Stanley, and Silver Chief, all located in the Lelande District of Burke. The mine was developed by three tunnels, the
longest of which was 1630 feet.
The directors met infrequently. Between the 1940 and 1945 meetings three of the five directors had died: F.M. Rothrock and
S.F. Heitfeld being the survivors. At the 1945 meeting Henry L. Day, Wray Farmin, and Paul Jessup were elected to fill the
On June 18, 1947 the directors met to consider the proposed joint agreement of consolidation with the Hercules and ten other
companies, i.e., Tamarack & Custer, Monitor, Duluth, Crystal Lead, Dayrock, Sherman Lead, Treasure Vault, King, Western
Union, and Happy Day. The agreement was approved and submitted to the stockholders on September 24, 1947.
We will always maintain our founding commitment to customer satisfaction and the delivery of an exceptional product with an enjoyable shopping experience. Please let us know how we may be of service to you. Stay Safe!!!
All Old Stock and Bond
Certificates are actual authentic certificates and are sold only as collectibles.
We do not sell reproductions and offer a lifetime guarantee to the
authenticity of everything we sell.